Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Post From Your Host

We received an email from our ad serving company - Revlayer - yesterday, noting that they've suspended their Beta, pulling the product in for "additional development," and in fact they have even taken their site off-line. So for the immediate future videos on Series of Tubes will be ad-free, although we'll still be showing ads on the right column.
.
Personally, out of many ad solutions I've tried and tested, I liked revlayer, which I thought fairly inoffensive. From a technical side, they seemed to have some problems displaying the ads - you'd sometimes see naked code, links wouldn't work properly, and so on. And they definitely need more work on the customer support side. I still have no idea whether I earned any money or not (I suspect not) over the Beta.

But, as the saying goes, it was a Beta. I hope that this isn't dissembling and that they will be back.

No comments: